Thursday, December 23, 2010

Last Christmas...



Last Christmas:
I was a different person.
I didn't stay up every night waiting for 11:11.
I didn't lay awake when everyone else in the house was asleep just so I could think.
I wasn't involved in drama. I didn't even know how extensive it could really get. It was a foreign concept to me.
I didn't know how much people do to get what they want.
I didn't realize how much someone can mean to you, without you even knowing it.
Life was easier.
I was afriad to be myself. Sometimes I still am, but I'm working on it.
Blogging was non-existant to me.
I was stuck in the world, and how people would see me.

This Christmas:
I stay up every night to make a wish at 11:11.
Thinking alone in my room at night happens every night.
Drama became a big part of my life....and it doesn't seem to want to leave, no matter how much I want it to go.
I learned that you have to trust someone, but you can't trust everyone.
Sometimes, one person can mean the world to you.
Being myself takes work, and courage. But it is much better than pretending.
I am learning to let go, and to not let people push me around.
And do you know what?
I am much happier.

1 comment: