Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 22: I Should've Known.




L I E S.
They are around us everyday.
Everyday, we hear them.
Echoed in our thoughts, lying to ourselves.
Lying about our feelings.
Heard in the hallways, lying to others.
Lying about our thoughts.
Said to our faces.
The worst kind, when we know it's a lie.
When we know we weren't worth it.
Worth the truth.
When we know it's a lie, the moment it's heard.
Echoes in my head,
"It's a lie, it's a lie."
Wanting to scream those words to all who can hear.
When the tears are threatening to fall,
When you know you're being lied to,
When there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Yes, that's the worst kind.

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear! Thanks for becoming a new follower. I love new friends! Consider me your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete