Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hope is a Dangerous Thing




There's different kinds of hope.

There's the kind that doesn't matter much, like hoping for sunshine the next day instead of rain, and there's the kind that seems to be the most important thing in the world. I have a promblem with the second kind.

Sometimes hope gets the best of me.
You see, when I hope, and that hope gets crushed, I become a wreck. It's happened before, and I know it will happen again. Except for some reason I just can't stop it. No matter how much I tell myself no, I will always keeping hoping.
(I keep hoping for him, but that's beside the point--You see? I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. Again. I seem to be fairly excellent at that.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rachel. You kill me.

    This is the best thing ever.

    that's all.

    ReplyDelete