Thursday, April 21, 2011

This Is Me...



I am incredibly awkward. 

I say the wrong things at the wrong time, I skip through parking lots, I laugh to myself, and I sing really loudly, really horribly, in the car. Often I find myself sharing stupid stories no one particularly cares about. At all. I find my thoughts wandering off to far off places, when I should be listening to someone. Then when I get asked a question, I haven't the slightest idea what's going on. Sometimes when I say something particularly awkward, I get strange looks, and I just walk away. Which is probably even more awkward.

But it's fine.

Once, I was sitting in my chemistry class, and a lady sitting next to me said something that reminded me of a movie. I just started laughing. She wasn't even talking to me. It was sufficiently awkward.

It's fine.

One day, I will find a boy who is just as awkward, (or who can embrace my awkwardness), and we will fall in love. It's simple really.

5 comments:

  1. we would be great friends. i am the epitome of awkward. wanna hear a story? at work, i generally work alone. so, the other day i was singing really loud. turns out, three potential business clients of my boss were in there and i had no idea until my boss told me. fml.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not awkward at all. I do the same things too.. I get lost in my thoughts, even at work. I think we should be happy to be different, different is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's be best friends.
    we can embrace extreme awkwardness to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awkward is my middle name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we could be best friends, fairly certain.
    my friend sent me to this very post and said, "i found your real long lost sister."
    just so you know...

    ReplyDelete