Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Because I Realized A Tragic Thing...

This is the end. The really true end.
There won't be another one to look forward too.
Not another book, not another movie.
My inner fangirl doesn't know whether to jump up and down in anticipation, or cry for lack of any more of the fantastic work.
I have mixed feelings about this.
It will be the last time I sit in the theater, amidst 80 other fans, all of us sharing a moment of anticipation for what will come onto that big screen. We'll all be halfway done with our popcorn, before the trailers start. We'll all poke our neighbors, whispering excitedly during the trailers. Someone will probably start quoting the movies or books. Everyone will have a tissue, as they prepare for the end. The theme song will start, everyone will be on the edge of their seats, because it really is the end. The last one. We'll all laugh, and cry together. All of us strangers brought together by this utterly incredible world. Then it will be over. For good. And everyone will cry, probably.

I don't think I can handle this.
It all ends here.

1 comment:

  1. I'll cry. Guaranteed.

    Yesterday I debated whether I should just never watch it so that there would always be one more movie.

    ReplyDelete