Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fantasy vs. Reality





What I wish my summer was like:
Waking up to quiet. Just quiet. Not having to worry about AP Art summer homework, or online classes. 
Hanging out with friends all day. Going to get snowcones every chance I had. Driving around just for the sake of driving. Staying up late under the stars. A summer romance.

What my summer is actually like:
Waking up to brothers running around the house. Stressing over the fact that summer is half way over, and I'm not even close to finishing my AP homework. Those online classes? Not even close to being done. Working isn't that great. (But I have accomplished the I-am-busy-doing-work-even-if-it-is-deathly-boring-but-don't-worry-I'm-not-actually-dead-yet face) I still haven't had a single snowcone. Something must be terribly wrong with me. I swear I haven't seen anybody for a month. Also, that summer romance? Not gonna happen.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that they don't have ANY snowcone shacks in all of Los Angeles?

    Our lives are hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! AP Art summer homework. Oh yeah. I forgot.

    ReplyDelete