Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Bottle of Letter and Sounds






Bottle up your words. Let me share them. I have none left, and yet I have too many. Maybe I could borrow yours for a little while, just until I can find my own again. My lips form shapes and sounds, yet nothing comes clearly. Nothing comes to my mind.

All I can say is "I'm sorry" and "Give me food" and "Don't you dare do this again, I've had enough." 

Yet that's never enough. So I'll throw those into the garbage disposal, and I'll listen to those words being crunched down into the depths of black.
If I could, I'd take those words you lent me in a bottle, and I'd open it slowly, just until the "yes" and the "no" and the "maybe" would slip out of the small opening. Then I'd screw the lid back on, so nothing else could escape. I'd live with those three words on the tip of my tongue, I'd swallow them up and never say anything else. 

Those are the only words you really need, right?

Just tell me I'm right and I'll never bother you again.

Forever Yours,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Your words make me want to cry. You say that there is nothing to say, yet you are so eloquent and perfect. I love this and every post you do. This is one of my favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete