Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Am Alive.




And I've been playing back memories
from long ago 
before I knew what would come of 
this. 

I'm singing songs 
in my head that remind me of 
him 
and signs on my door that are 
blue and green 
make sense only 
to me.

The words you said 
run through 
my mind and I can't think 
at all.

Get out of my head, 
your hugs make me swoon, 
and I'm not sure where I'm going with my 
words. 

My thoughts are a 
mess, 
my head is bursting,
the door is shut tight, 
and my sentences are 
long.

Remembering is hard, 
it makes tears fill 
my eyes, 
and my heart feels like it should 
burst.

Yet your face 
appears in my 
mind, 
and I am lost in your 
eyes, 
memories eating me 
alive.

I know I am alive.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you remind me of me.

    That's why we're friends, probably. 'Cause we're alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rachel my dear, i realize i have been a horrible pen pal! this month has been crazy! but i just thought i would inform you, your letter is written (well it has been written for a month, so it is re-written) and will be sent monday!

    ReplyDelete